Saturday, August 6, 2011

Homestretch!!!

Only four more radiation sessions to go & then I am done with active treatment! I have conquered the fatigue. It appears that upping my iron stores and eliminating gluten has increased my energy. On the downside, radiation started to burn my armpit. It hurts to lift my left arm now, but I keep telling myself this is nothing compared to the mastectomy. It is also nothing compared to getting your legs waxed...OUCH.

It's going to be nice to be finished. I am going to start to work on my bucket list. I am thinking my first one will be one of my fitness goals.... That leaves me with figure competition, triathlon, or half marathon. I am leaning towards the figure competition. I have really gotten into weight lifting since I cannot be in the sun running or biking this summer.

No news on the medical front... that is such a good thing to note.

1 comment:

  1. My post treatment fitness/expressive goal is to join a dance studio. I want this body expressing through movement. It is good to have goals. So glad you face the cessation of active treatment. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete