Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Summary of My New Neurosurgeon/Radio-Surgeon and my first IV Chemo in 6yrs

Neurosurgical Consult
  (all the doctors, treatments and drugs are hyperlinked)
On Monday 12/5/16, we had an appointment with Dr Ramakrishna . Ultimately the goal to line me up with him is that 1. He will be following me bimonthly with MRIs to track my brain and 2. He specializes in Radio-Neuoseurgery and works with my new Radiation Oncologist team on the SRS Radiation like the type of SRS (there are many) I will get. He agreed that 5 cyber knife sessions to my scar line every other day and also that the mm spots will be zapped that same day 2 spots each session with True Beam SRS Radiation.

Side Effects: Fatigue
                      Small hair loss from the spots that get radiation, but its thinning & will grow back (I already was planning on cutting my hair into a bob before the wedding, but now I get some extensions to fill it in)
                     Possible need for steroids (trying to avoid them) if brain begins to get swollen from radiation.

Easy appointment, doctor sounds good in person and online.

Chemotherapy
On Tuesday I started chemotherapy, Gemzar and Carboplatin. First IV chemo in years, I was nervous and scared to death and was afraid of more steroids after how they make me so manic. So we meet my APN review side effects & with my MD and pharmacist approval tried to go without the steroids as a pre-med.
   Pre Meds: Aloxi, Emend, Pepcid AC and we did not use the Steroids, but had to (see below)... well enjoy a chatty Cathy again and some hypomania and ADHD after chemo days.
   Chemotherapy: Gemzar over 30min and Carboplatin over 1hour (1x every week for 2 weeks with one week off)
  Side Effects: Flu-Like Symptoms (muscle aches, possible fever, tiredness)  the night after chemotherapy
                        Mild-Nausea
                        Indigestion
                        Diaherra
                        Risk of lowered White and Red Blood Cells & Platelets

Started the pre-meds and got an allergic reaction to the Emend (as it can do that). Throat closed up, wheezing and redness. We had to put the steroids in. So fear and anxiety came back, I felt like crap. After that chemo went easy and no problems.

Today is the next day, I feel tired that's all no nausea a little stomach ache. Last night I had achy muscles like the flu, which I was told would happen.

We were told yesterday that SRS Radiation starts on 12/5 at 5pm. All radiations may be that late, but we are waiting on the next four appointments. My next chemo is 12/6. Kyle is my transport to those. We are working with out family regard rides to four radiations & also anyone to come spend a day with me on 12/10 and 12/17, because Kyle needs to go to work and I am not cleared to be alone all day yet. I asked some family first, but then may need a friend those days. 

Kyle goes back to work on the 7th. Mostly will need people to come for company on: 12/8, 12/10, 12/13, 12/15, 12/17, and 12/19 for now. We are waiting on my neurosurgeon to tell me when I can take the subway for doctors. We are assuming by 12/19 and if I can be alone before 12/19.

If you feel inclined to help us financially there are a few ways:

1. share my GoFundMe 
2. if you can a small donation would help, but I do not want to beg you, share if that's all you can do
3. share my Poshmark site with friends on Facebook or if you are on Poshmark - selling the used clothes helps
4. I am not doing Younique for now, but will be back. So doing parties and sharing my home business would help. I am planning on being back selling by mid January. For now my team is handling any holiday sales so I can get better.

Thanks all!


No comments:

Post a Comment