Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Hair Loss? What a Christmas Surprise!

I was told radiation would cause hair thinning. Instead I got the Christmas Coal of spending the last 8 days pulling clumps of hair off my head at least 3-4x daily. Now my thick curly hair has become thin,  wavy and wait for it......the best Halloween costume for next year



I'm quite irritated at the whole "you won't lose your hair for your wedding goal.." eh I kept some...thanks I will have some hairs blowing in the wind and will end the night with a good horror flick to go with my awesome hair

Thinning to a girl with a ton of hair does not equate to thinning to a medical team. I am assuming thinning in the medical world is tiny bald spots or possibly your whole head. I'm not mad at them I was told thinning .  Clearly my hair is THIN now. Thinning to me is like living a few strands here and there but a bit more than normal. Over the last week I have lost about 1/2 of my hair thickness. I have lost some nickel sized dots of hair on my left side and middle part region. Luckily I lost none on the right and have a deep right part, it may be fixable and no wig will be neeeded

Regardless of how fixable this is. I went through a full PTSD episode from losing hair. My mind went back to losing it in 2010. I kept picturing me bald, me not having hair at my wedding and the hair not growing back this time. I was also pissed that the hair fell out and now my thick 24inch hair cannot be donated. It was a worthless goal for 5yrs, yet another thing cancer has stolen from me.

Since my anxiety and PTSD is back...yay! I am going back to therapy. Mostly to deal with being retraumatized by having cancer, looking sick and also not looking like myself AT ALL. I look tired and sad...

Positive of being 2016-2017 crypt keeper : Maybe the radiation worked so well the cancer died...well good die cancer..Cancer stop taking things I like and just die so this hair loss better be worth your crappiness, Cancer.

I have no wigs and I refuse to go out with a bald head or cap... it's too cold for a head scarf....thanks cancer for giving me the bird and taking away my HAIR the only thing I was able to hold onto for hope in the last two months. Now it's ripping away and I have no idea when it will stop falling out. I hope today is the last of it. I would like to begin to plan how to fix my hair. I need something I can manage and control while dealing with an unmanageable disease.

That being said I  need recommendations for hair dressers who worked with alopecia or moderate hair thinning. This person also i hope won't be grossed out by surgery scars and The Crypt Keeper look I am developing..

If my hair stops jumping ship:
 1. Getting a hair cut to make my hair look thicker.
2. Getting tape-in extensions and possibly a topper for my bang/forehead to cover my surgery scar

I also want to plan for the worst:
I need a few recommended places in NJ or NYC to get a custom, real hair wig & good synthetics

Thanks guys

No comments:

Post a Comment