Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Can I be this strong?

Now that most people know about this...I feel a little strange. I am not used to being open about my business. I am a therapist, most of my issues are kept behind closed doors, instilled within barriers, and kept between me and my closest family & friends. For some reason, I just felt it was right to do this blog...to actually share this with the world. Strange, but somehow right in the same.

Someone told me last week that they hoped I will learn something about myself from all of this. On my run this afternoon, I kept thinking how the *bleep* did you actually start a blog about your life. Something must have clicked in me over these last three weeks. When I was halfway into my run, I started to realize I am much stronger than I thought. Back in May I never thought I'd run again with my bad knees. At that time, I also never thought I would have the strength to admit that I am sick or imperfect, but I was strong enough to overcome all those obstacles.

I am sure there are some more lessons to come. I am just waiting for it to happen.

1 comment:

  1. "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

    ReplyDelete