Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 1 after AC

Yesterday was my first chemo session. We did Adriamycin with Cytoxan, due to a lack of supply of Eprirubicin with Cytoxan. A & E are interchangeable, but supposedly A has worse cardiac side-effects. I will be using E during my next three infusions. The plan is ECx4/biweekly followed by Tx12/weekly. It is a much longer chemo than I wished, but I did my research & trust in my physician's instincts.

Before the chemotherapy was started I was infused with Emend & Aloxi (both anti-nauseas), Ativan (used as a muscle relaxant & anti-nausea) and IV steroids. I was also given oral Emend to take three days post chemo in the AM. Due to all the anti-nausea medications, I barely have much side effects. I am a little tired, have a headache and my skin is flushed, minor nausea, and no other issues. I feel like I have a mild case of the flu or I am hungover. I am going to drink more fluids and attempt to drive to the gym I think. If I can't make it to the gym, then I will just get my butt home.

So far, this is not too bad. 1 out of 16 down. LOL. Lets hope my veins hold up because I am not using a port.

Next week my plastic surgeon and I will negotiate when to do my Second - Stage of my exchange surgery. It will most likely be 3-4 weeks post-chemotherapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment