Monday, May 9, 2011

Finishing Line

After today only 1 more Taxol :-). Three more weeks until surgery. Seven more weeks until I start radiation and then the I will start to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I cannot believe that this has all flown by so fast. It is just unbelievable how much my life has changed.

I finally decided to change some of my blog. As you all know, I have stayed active throughout this whole treatment process. I added some new Weight Circuit routines in my fitness page for those whom are interested.

I also added some things about Hair Regrowth in Treatment Tips. I have started to do topical treatments for my scalp. I cannot wait until I can start adding more vitamins to my routine for hair growth. Grow Hair Grow!


  • A good Multi Vitamin with: Vitamin K 100IUs daily; Vitamin E 400IUs; Vitamin A 25,000 IUs; Vitamin C 100% daily value ; and Zinc 100% daily value
  • Biotin : Word of Caution, Biotin in excess causes cell multiplication. It caused Acne in me in the past. Most Multi-Vitamins have a small bit of Biotin in it & I wouldn't over supplement the product IMO. I would also ask your oncologist about the supplement before you start it.
  • L-Glutamine: It comes in powder or pill form. It is found in most protein powders. In the past, I found that Syntrax Nectar protein powders helped with hair health & also helped with exercise recovery. It is also found in all natural forms of protein, so eat up on your Beans, Poultry & Fish!
  • Omega 3-Fatty Acids: Before chemotherapy I would take 1,200 mg Omega 3 daily. I would not start taking this until after Chemo & Surgery as it does thin your blood. 
  • Vitamin D3: 1,000IUs daily are recommended for hair health. I take this with my daily Calcium Supplement in the AM & also take an extra 1,000IUs of D3 at night. 
  • Hair Products I Used: Jason Organics Thin to Thick Revitalizing Scalp Elixir (daily before bed); Therma Scalp Natural Scalp Repair Spray (daily after my AM shower); Giovanni Wellness System Shampoo (daily on my scalp during each shower); Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner (daily before I lost my hair & plan on returning when it grows back)

No comments:

Post a Comment