Thursday, May 12, 2011

Tissue Expanders

Yesterday, I had my pre-surgical appointment up at Sloan. I almost hit another bump in the road as they wanted to move my surgery another week due to "surgery being too close to the end of my chemo." I understood their rationale, but my counts have been excellent and my oncologist even said my risk of infection 1 week will be minimal and 2 weeks will be 0 after chemo. Now, Sloan wants me in NYC on the 27th for bloodwork just to make sure my counts are okay. Now, I am starting to stuff my body with healthy things until the 27th just to make as many little white blood cells I possibly can!

I also had my tissue expanders over expanded & they look riddiculus. I look like one of those Fem-Bots from Austin Powers. Now, I cannot wait for these annoyances to be removed. They are planning on having 475-500cc implants placed on the 31st and I am expanded to 520cc...looks very horrible because tissue expanders have no shape and are hard like rock. I am really looking forward to having a softer look soon.

4 more days until my last chemo ever!!! I am celebrating with some chinese take-out. What an exciting life I lead! I will be having some party later on this summer but with surgery in June, a bachelorette, 3 weddings,  family gatherings, and bridal showers, My Party will just have to wait until I am at least started with radiation.

As of now radiation will start on the 27th of June. I am not sure what to expect from this its supposedly short and takes an hour to get zapped and ready for each appointment. This is very exciting...(insert sarcasm). I will be half tan on top & I get to use a cream, Aquaphor, that apparently ruins all clothes except things that are colored black. I think I am just going to worry about this after I heal from surgery. This sounds like a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment