Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mullet

I think my hair grew more in the back overnight again. I have a fluffier mullet. My hair isn't growing back dark brown, its kinda lighter. Then again, I have been dying my hair off and on since I was 15, so who knows what lurked underneath. On the bright side, the top is really starting to grow in. I think I will have enough hair in four more weeks to go without the wig. Thank god. I mean there was a time back in March where I looked a lot like this (just a little happier LOL) :

I woke up today and saw some sprouts up top. I was getting a little scared that I'd look like this in a few weeks.

I could post pics of my beautiful head, but I think Britney's will do the trick. I really do not want bald pictures of me circulating the internet. Sorry lurkers, its just not going to happen. If you are really that desperate to take a peek at my personal freak show, I walk around bald in my house. It has been way too hot to wear the wig and a scarf indoors.

I have been wearing scarves out most days. I can't bear the heat in addition to my 11a, 4p, 7p, and 10p hot flashes (thanks chemo & tamoxifen). Here I come bouncing along, scarf in tow, mullet peaking from underneath, and beads of sweat pooling on my forehead in air conditioned stores. Boy, does that turn a lot of heads. The only people who don't stare at me are the elderly, they actually come up and talk to me. Middle aged women turn their heads and look scared --- yep creeper this could happen to you too, but stop staring before your eyes burn out of the sockets. I swear its like they think I am a walking sign of death to some people, please get a life and get EDUCATED about what cancer really is before you stare at me. I wish I had enough balls to poke them in the foreheads with my fingers - "Cancer is contagious so stop staring."

I found some cute scarfs at Kohls. I think I might buy them online & wear them to work come June 27. I think the wig might have to go into retirement if we are going to have 90 degree + temperatures out here.

2 comments:

  1. I have been leaving the house bald some days. I don't care anymore. I too hate the stares, but I will just stare back till they look away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that yesterday, stared right back at them.... I think people need to find something better to stare at.

    ReplyDelete