Friday, April 27, 2012

Final Surgery

I had my final surgery yesterday. Had a complete revision of my reconstruction. My doctor removed the capsule and changed the type & size of implants. I know actually have separation between my foobs and more projection. I went from 475cc High Profile to 500cc Extra High Profile Alergan. All the radiated scar tissue is gone & my lymphedema in my trunk and hand seem to be resolving better.

Another great news is that I had my first "normal" test results from my OBGyn in years. My ultrasound, CA-125, and Pap all came back normal. This is the first time, I do not need to get biopsies or further testing to r/o another cancer after my 6mo visit. I am going to assume that healthy living and chemo killed whatever abnormalities were going on down there. I also found out that my anemia, b-12 and vitamin d3 levels are back to normal range. I think my supplement routine has a lot to do with that, so I am going to continue with that. I am very grateful that I don't have any medical problems to deal with for once.

I would update more, but I am super tired. <3 Cait

2 comments:

  1. That is SO brilliant, Cait! A mighty battle well fought. Your courage and determination are an inspiration. What is your supplement routine? Did you devise it yourself, or did the doctors help with that? Warmest congratulations - you deserve a lovely life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a hollistic doctor who got me on a routine. I take spriulina 1tsp daily in a smoothie, 1500mg fish oil with vitamin d3, food based multivitamin, amino acid complex, protein powder, and cla 1000mg daily. I was taking ironplex ( for anemia ), oscap (calcium) & resveratol also , but my body has bounced back and I simplified things a bit.

    ReplyDelete