Sunday, November 21, 2010

Seroma!!!!

I got the seroma drained on Friday and it went away for 24hours. It came back, it was painful and it sucked. I kept going on my walks hoping blood flow will help with the fluid retention, but alas it didn't work.
What did help was that my increased blood flow dislodged a clot in my drain, which was the culprit of this stupid stupid seroma. Gross, but kinda happy it was just that. Now my back and armpit are starting to feel like normal. This is incredibly painful to release all of this backed up lymph fluid through my body.

I also hoping I could get my drains out tomorrow, but it is looking very bleak if the drains are still filling. I still have to go to NYC tomorrow to make sure the drains are working etc etc. I also might have to move my oncologist appointment tomorrow, because Sloan hasn't sent over my pathology yet. I hate waiting, I am the most impatient person on earth. I just want to get the ball rolling with treatment ASAP!

For all of you who say you wish you could wear sweatpants everyday, take it back. I am sick of wearing hoodies and yoga pants everyday (a life I dreamed of temporarily when I was working). I would like to have an option as to what to wear. There are only so many VS yoga pants + hoodie + fuzzy sock outfits I can create. All I want to wear some nice jeans and a pullover sweater or even a shirt that doesn't zip or button up. It would also be nice to take a real shower and not a half-shower. I just hope I do not have to be this unkempt on Thanksgiving. It's starting to get embarrassing going out into public like this...Blegh

No comments:

Post a Comment