Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cryopreserving Miniature Caits

I decided to follow through with the egg cryopreservation (i.e. freezing eggs) before chemo. I have had 4/5 physicians tell me its a good idea. I kept pushing it aside because I just felt like NOT adding another doctor to my life or anymore appointments, but after much consideration I think this is a good idea. Women on my mom's side of my family have a hard time conceiving in their 30s and if chemo is going to make that prospect worse for me, then I should take the right measures to do this.

I have found very little information. It is costly, thats what I do know. There is a foundation called Fertile Hope, which will help fund all the medications and egg cryopreservation for me. I am only responsible for storing the eggs and the IVF procedure when I do want a kid.

I am making more phone calls today and turning on my inner case manager. I have to call a nurse at Sloan to help guide me through the process, I also need to call NYU to try to get an urgent appointment to possibly start this process next week, as it is ideal towards the beginning of your next menstrual cycle. This could push off my chemo for 1-2 weeks, but then that will guarantee me a kid and also hair on NYE.

I am now on the fence as to where I want to do chemo. This is a decision I will make today. A very hard one to say the least, but at either location I can start ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment