Friday, December 3, 2010

Project Future Offspring

Yesterday I spent a good portion of my morning on the phone with Sloan's Fertility Nurse Coordinator. She was wonderful, she educated me a lot about chemo and fertility, the types of fertility treatments, and grants to help pay for the cryopreservation medications and fees. She helped me find a really great location in Philadelphia (45min away from home!!) whom does a lot of work with breast cancer patients to ensure that the treatments do not increase their estrogen too high, which was a big concern of mine.

Starting Monday I will be meeting with a reproductive endocrinologist at U Penn, Dr. Gracia. I have three options 1. cultivate and freeze eggs, 2. cultivate eggs, create embryos and freeze embryos, or 3. freeze ovarian tissue, which will be transplanted into my body 6yrs from now. I will be going over these options with her and I will be starting the process as soon as possible. The process can take 2 weeks and when I am finished I literally will be starting chemo the next day.

I am leaning towards a place to do my chemotherapy. Just need to sit on it for a few more hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment