Monday, December 20, 2010

Fertility Preservation

I started Fertility Preservation treatments last Monday... it is most likely the strangest thing I have ever done. Yes, its stranger than chemo at this point. I have been injecting myself with multiple types of medications. These medications have tricked my body to ovulate x30 and have made me gracefully look like I am a pubescent teen with acne. The hormones have made me moody and crappy.

Did I mention that I HATE ACNE? I was on ACCUTANE. Therefore, NO MORE ACNE. Of course Breast Cancer just gave me this gift too. Suck it breast cancer!!! I am glad I get to have kids saved for me one day and a nice, new chest. Thanks for those perks breast cancer. I do not appreciate the acne, the inability to closely shave my armpits, or the loss of my hair in 3 weeks. This acne looks like a rash and its gross. I am going to just wear my wigs backwards, so I can hide my acne under the hair and have my smooth, shiny bald head visible instead.

As you can tell these meds have made me moody, which why I have been avoiding posting. I promise that I will be back to my normal self once I have my oocytes/embryos retrieved this weekend.

 My egg retrieval is scheduled for the 26th. Kinda good luck? My oocytes are born on the Christmas holiday lol. Then a few days without doctors and I start chemo on the 29th. I promise my next post will be more normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment