Monday, November 29, 2010

Again

I went to NYC AGAIN today. I think this is this last of the seroma. Please pray and keep your fingers crossed for me. Today was the easiest trip into the city. Now that I have my drains out I can finally use mass transportation into NY. No traffic, just trains and ample time to finish one book and start another. It was a nice conclusion to the seroma saga.

I go back to Sloan on Wednesday. I am meeting with their oncologists for a second opinion for my chemotherapy. I will be meeting with one of their Radiation Oncologists soon sometime in the future. I just want to make sure all people are recommending the same thing. If I went with my first surgical opinion, we would have missed my lymph nodes and all of that DCIS floating in my L breast. I thank God everyday for my onocologist at Virtua and team at Sloan for IDing these things in my tests prior to surgery and recommending the mastectomy. I know I should see all options in front of me for this next leg of my 5 leg journey of treatment (yes, its that long).

My 5 Stages of Treatment
1. Bilateral Mastectomy with Immediate Reconstruction - 11/11/10 Done
2. Chemotherapy - Start 12/15/10 (lasts 5 months and will finish aprox at the end of April 2011)
3. Radiation to L chest wall and axilla - Start May 2011 End June 2011 and/or Start June 2011 End July 2011 (depends on Step 2 of Reconstruction)
4. Step Two of Reconstruction - May 2011 and/or December 2011 (depends on Radiation)
5. 5 years of Ovarian Suppression and Tamoxifen - May 2011

All in all one year from this point I will either have all of this behind me or I will be coming out of one of my last surgeries for a good amount of time. :-)

I meant to put something witty and funny in here today. I thought of it sitting in the waiting room at Sloan, but it passed my mind. Lately I have been pretty forgetful and spastic. I am getting Chemo brain even before the treatment starts lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment