Saturday, July 30, 2011

9 more!!!

9 more radiation sessions!!! YAY

I am thinking about changing the name of my blog from "Caitlin wears Pink" to "Mindful Ambition." I want to steer the focus away from me having Cancer to me being Mindful about taking care of myself and being Ambitious about putting the word out there about healthy living to others.

In other news, my oncologist and I decided to add Zometa infusions every 6months to my "toolbox". I will start the first after radiation. Zometa is a drug they use to treat osteoporosis. New studies are showing that Zometa might help prevent bone metastasis in ER+ cancers, which is the highest risk of where ER+ cancer can return.  Zometa has minimal side-effects and will take 15 minutes every 6months. I will do this for the next 5 years. Once, I complete my first Zometa treatment this month, I will definitely say I will be done with active treatment. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment