Thursday, July 28, 2011

More Naturopath News

I saw my Naturopath yesterday & went over the bloodwork. Turns out on top of having cancer I am anemic (i.e. iron deficient), which apparently is not due to the chemo or radiation, and I am gluten-allergic, which means I can't eat any oats, grains, breads, cereals or pastas with gluten. I get to go for more bloodwork on Monday to also rule-out food sensitivities, which could be triggering my allergies & hives. I am just a hot mess.

Treating anemia is easy...take a good Iron with B-12 supplement. Also, I need to reintroduce more egg yolks, beans, and red meat into my life. I haven't eaten much of those foods, minus beans, in the last 10yrs...That could explain why my iron counts were 6 when they should be over 30.

Gluten-Allergic, which is not celiac disease, means my body does not digest gluten like normal people. I retain water, I get hives, I gain 10lbs of water weight, I get gas (ew), and my stomach bloats. I have had these problems for years. Now, I have an answer. Eliminating gluten from my diet is a process. I just bought my FIRST gluten free bread, pasta, and oats today....o yea and Beer. If I like these brands, I am gonna start buying it in bulk online, because its EXPENSIVE. I just have to look at it this way. Before I had cancer, I had stomach aches all the time and saw doctors, who did nothing and just told me to use Colace or Pepcid. I just ended up flushing wasted money down the toilet and no issue was solved.

Anyways, just adding more crap to the top of my list, but I am going to feel more energetic because of all of these changes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment