Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Surgery

Well I finally decided on my surgeon for the revisions: Dr. Iorio. I met with him today to discuss and prepare for surgery on 2/2/12. I discussed my concerns:
        1. Being just shy of 6mo out of radiation
        2. Having two weekend vacays planned in late Feb, only 2 weeks shy of surgery.
        3. Also coming to the understanding that I will have expanders in during the summer & I will just have to deal with the protrusions and a one-piece bathing suit OR being a vampire again for summer of 2012. LOL. 

After discussing these concerns, we decided to post-pone surgery until March/April & he is going to call me with my Pre-Op date and surgery date before the end of today or by tomorrow.  I feel much better with this decision. I feel like I got a chance to talk about my fears and expectations about surgery and also clarify what we will be doing in the first surgery. I wanted no confusion & Kyle surely stepped up to the plate and helped with asking questions.

I had my phone stolen, so my blog, email, and facebook are the best ways to contact me until I get a new phone this afternoon. In the meantime, I am excited I get to try to continue on my great fitness routine I have been on. I want to run one race pre-surgery and I also want the expanders settled so I can start training for some summer races ... maybe the Livestrong Challenge and the YSC Bike Ride are in my future....I am hoping, because treatment got in my way of that last year!

I am very glad that now I plan a little better for the surgery. I will be out 2 weeks from work. It gives me more time to plan for my co-workers and family. Nurses welcome & visitors are also welcome during my time of couch surfing this upcoming Spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment