Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Being a Stubborn Patient

So far I have met two women in person whom have been through or are going through the same treatment as I am. I also text one of my YSC friends almost 2x a week & have a few girls on my facebook. This has been upmost helpful. It also helps me have an outlet to talk about treatment with someone who has been there & also to vent about our (sometimes silly) concerns. I think that I am just blessed to have these people in my life.

In other news, my hair has flown the coop. I am okay with this, now. It saves much more time. I also have 7 wigs to last me until my hair grows into a tolerable hair-do. I also love my scarves. I am not much for hats, I find them itchy. Scarves are super comfy & I can wear them when I workout (big plus there).

I also want to change my Taxol scheduling (4 treatments every 2 weeks is the same as 12 weekly treatments). I would rather the 4 treatments. I know doctors try to convince us out of stuff, but I am sticking my guns with this one, even if my doctor starts to hate me. My doctor is hesitant due to the amount of bone pain I can get and the length of the infusion.... I am going to talk to him about this. I think he finds me as the most stubborn, research oriented patient. O well. I have had 0 pain from Neulasta. Seriously, if this is anything like the bone pain from my knee injury last year, than Aleve and Icy Hot and Massages will be my best friend. Bone pain, shmone pain. If I have to be at treatment that long, then I can actually get through all these TV shows I have gotten into. O well, not changing my mind. I already put a call in to move up my surgery to April. I seriously just want cancer treatment to be done & out of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I am new to all of this, part of the gang. I have a the port installed Friday and start chemo on Monday. I am grateful to read your words and will follow along as I am able. Unlike you, it seems, I am quite emotional. We may not live all that far, I am in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melly! Thanks for stopping by. I saw your post on our treatment group. My surgeons are in NYC, so I go at least 1x a month to meet with my plastic surgeon. Also, my lovely boyfriend works in NYC, so I try to get my butt into the city when I can as rare as it might be. Good Luck Monday! It is not that bad. I get emotional too. Usually cranky at times, we all have good and bad days. Anti-depressants and a good support system helps a lot too.

    ReplyDelete