Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Taxol

I have switched my chemotherapy plan to the 4 rounds of dose-dense Taxol. My oncologist prefers the 12 weeks due to less side-effects. I would rather be done quicker, side-effects or not. My oncologist must think I am high maintenance, but this is seriously my treatment and my life. I feel much better knowing that my chemotherapy will be densified & that I will be starting radiation much sooner.

I had my third round of EC yesterday, luckily I am not experiencing the same crappy side-effects from the last treatment. I feel mild nausea as my physician added Pepcid to my pre-medications. It seems to have helped a lot. Today, I am experiencing fatigue, which has been alleviated by mild exercise. I also am having metallic taste in my mouth, it seems to go away with lemon-lime gatorade. Strange, side-effect I might add.

I am also planning on adding massages into my treatment plans. I get mild knee and lower back pain from the Neulasta shots, I hear massage helps. I plan on trying to get a massage the day after chemo or at least the day after I get my Neulasta shots. I hope this helps. I will get my first post-treatment massage tomorrow & I am throwing a pedicure in there for good measure. Yes, this is expensive, but I need to treat myself for once. I guess my doctor is kinda right that I am low maintenance compared to his "elder clients".

I have updated all my new, educational pages.... hope they help someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment