Saturday, November 2, 2013

Action! Action!

These past three weeks have been incredibly busy & it has been nice to take a break from Cancer World.

1. We got a kitten, Arya aka Cat of the Canals. I am a huge Game of Thrones fan. Our kitten was found at 2 weeks in a gutter after her mother abandoned her & the rest of her family were carried away and eaten by hawks. She is the cutest, most curious, and biggest fighter. Her story is one of hope & reminds me much of the story of Arya in the Game of Thrones Books. 

2. We moved this week. It is nice to live in a larger place. I also cannot smell cigarettes lingering from other apartments. The fluid in my lung does not need anymore antagonists.

3. I went to LBBC Conference for Breast Cancer. It was a fun weekend with some of my local survivor friends. Helped me get a break from life but also have a weekend full of laughs.

On the treatment note, my frozen tumor was sent to Foundation One to study my DNA/Genome. The results came back & Cornell told me that there are some "actionable" mutations in my genes, which means there are treatments for those mutations to heal my DNA and to enhance the Anti-Hormonal Therapy I am taking. I will know more in a week. This is the newest type of tailoring Cancer treatment & I am excited that I get to be part of it.

All in all, things have been good. I will post more when things quiet down with unpacking.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that health and fitness is really helps cancer patients to improve their health.infact,I would say that fitness can helps in any type of illness to improve health.

    Dana Point Cancer fitness

    ReplyDelete