Thursday, December 22, 2011

12/14/11 IMPLANT RANT PART 2

I saw my original PS at Sloan relating to my unhappiness with my flat, smashed together, manly looking, non-boob implants. The apt went poorly to say the least. I went to go to NYC expecting the worst. Already on the verge of tears & feeling hopeless. Granted I probably shouldn't have gone to work after this apt either.

The worst did happen. She refused to operate on me and her only option was wait 6 mo and do little revisions under my armpits. I think the bigger issue is the lack of depth to my cleavage because the implants are too close together and a lack of projection.

I was told:
1. No breast reconstruction has projection.
2. I did lose the weight and she admitted she made a mistake with placement of the implants.
3. She can't do anything now that I had radiation
4. I just will have to deal with it.
5. I cant get a lat flap bc I am too young (HUH???)
6. I must have had Body Dysmorphic Disorder pre-cancer because I wouldn't have been that upset.
7. Massage the hard implant (which has only made my lymphedema act up)

I left there with another apt with a Dr. Disa at Sloan (which I doubt will do me any good) and a referral for a Psychiatrist. (Because being on medication will just numb me and make me forget that she f*cked up). The referral was for a Dr. in NYC I live in NJ and asked for referrals in NJ (just to satisfy this PS) and guess what? The numbers were all wrong and none of the doctors took my insurance, what wonderful case management.

My parents are on the verge of suing Sloan Kettering. They screwed me over with Chemo & with Plastic Surgery and dropped the ball 2x leaving me crying in the room and deferring me to a social worker. (Have a therapist, processed the cancer already HELLLOOO).

I left there upset to say the least.

I have four consultations coming up.
1. 12.20 : Dr. Iorio in Colts Neck NJ (so far 2 women said wonderful things about him w post-rad reconstruction)
2. 12.23: Dr. Disa at Sloan (apparently to see if he would do a Lat on my left side that has hardened like a rock)
3. 12.23: Dr. Shoen in Metuchen (recommended by another friend)
4. 1.17: Dr. Grecco in Red Bank, whom completely reconstructed my aunt's abdomen after Sloan botched up her insicions post-ovarian cancer surgery.

I am hoping to have a solid answer before Christmas. I want the possibility of new boobs for Christmas, or at least in the process of it pre-valentines day. I was so much happier last year with my TEs and bald. Who would have thought??

No comments:

Post a Comment