Monday, December 26, 2011

3 Down 2 to Go

Saw Dr. Shoen on 12/23. He wants me to go with a bilateral lat flap surgery. I would be out of work 3 weeks if there are 0 complications, 5 max. He said that it would make my breasts feel more natural, would have a better teardrop shape and less risk of more capsular contracture from the L implant due to the radiation, which might be an ongoing issue if I never get a tissue transplant there. He would use Alo-Derm Matrix and Mentor intermediate profile implants to help bring me to a full D. Besides that, he said the same things as Dr. Iorio, but he will not expand radiated skin & few doctors are comfortable working with that.

Dr. Disa is on Friday, just having to be at Sloan gives me a panic attack now. My BF and I are going to try to trek to Baby Cakes (vegan Bakery) afterwards b/c I need anything to cure the angst Sloan gave me. I am calling Iorio tomorrow to set up a tentative surgery date and also a f/u apt. date to discuss Re-expansion + implant versus lat with him.

So far:
1. SLOAN Dr. Pusic - Will not change or revise, she does not operate on radiated skin & won't do a lat on me due to my age.
2. Dr. Iorio - 1. Re-expansion and replacement of the pockets with use of Alo-Derm OR 2. Bilateral Lat Flap (he is okay with doing both and has had success with both) - Surgery will be in early Feb if #1 or March if #2 and I need to set the tenative date.
3. Dr. Shoen - Will be willing to do the bilateral lat, wants me to wait two more mo for my skin to heal from radiation & surgery will be in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment