Thursday, December 22, 2011

12/22/11 IMPLANT RANT PART 3

I have gone to one of four consultations coming up.
1. 12.20 : Dr. Iorio in Colts Neck NJ (so far 2 women said wonderful things about him w post-rad reconstruction)

LARGE BREASTS AFTER RECONSTRUCTION ARE POSSIBLE...I left with HOPE & there is hope for others.

I had an appointment this last Tuesday and was told that there are 3 options in my case.

1. They reopen myself, lower the implants, create more space between them, swap for higher profile 475cc implants and get rid of the capsule around my implants. THAT WOULD BE ONE SURGERY with drains & 1 week recovery. CONS: This leaves me in the same place pretty much...

2. They reopen, and replace the expanders, but lower the placement, create more space, and slowly expand over 4 mo to get me to my ideal 600cc implants and will swap to 45(EXTRA high profile) 600cc implants. THIS would be 2 surgeries, with one week recovery from both. CONS: implant could fail and we would need to use a lat, but the doctor on Tuesday said he COULD DO it.

3. Lat flap on both implants, clear out the scar tissue, lower placement, and then immediately place 600cc implants. Would have 4 drains & 4-5weeks of recovery. CONS: scars & time off.

I am leaning more towards option 2 & I really like dr. Iorio, but I have to hear out my options. Its looking like I wil have surgery in the end of Jan or begining of Feb, which brings me just intime for the conference in New Orleans on Feb 23.




Left to go
2. 12.23: Dr. Shoen in Metuchen (recommended by another friend, did a wonderful lat flap on her)
3. 12.30: Dr. Disa at Sloan (apparently to see if he would do a Lat on my left side that has hardened like a rock)
4. 1.17: Dr. Grecco in Red Bank, whom completely reconstructed my aunt's abdomen after Sloan botched up her insicions post-ovarian cancer surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment