Saturday, August 31, 2013

Am I getting better?

Dearest Hormones,
   Please be shutting off. You are trying to kill me. Thanks much.

Caitlin


I think the Lupron injection is working. My breathing was not so good 3 weeks ago - I would get shortness of breath if I talked too fast, walked up a flight of stairs, and exercised beyond "normal." I have noticed that my heart is no longer racing from walking up stairs, I can talk and not feel like my left lung collapsed & I can sleep through the night without coughing. This must be a sign that one of my medications is starting to work & kill the cancer babies. I also was able to do 30min of straight cardio yesterday and squats without getting shortness of breath. This is actually big news for me. Three weeks ago, I felt I was getting worse because my symptoms were actually worsening. I am starting to feel normal.

I really hope that this is it. I start the second medication in 3 days. I hope Femara + Lupron shuts down my evil hormones & kill the cancer babies.

I am also getting a second opinion at Sloan next week & a third opinion at Cornell the following week. I hope they all agree that taking Femara & Lupron is the best treatment. I do not want to have surgery. I do not want to do chemo. I do not want a port. Please give me a chance to beat this without going through the nightmare I went through in 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment